Ready for winter…
Making your home ready for winter doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated as Inge, our Head of Design, explains with five easy steps to creating a cosy space you will want to spend time snuggled up in this winter.
- Colour: Switch out bright and pretty summer colours for deeper jewel tones and dusky pinks and neutrals. You can do this with anything or everything from flowers, cushions, curtains and throws to rugs and artwork.
- Texture: Swap fresh and airy cottons and muslins for warm linens, sumptuous velvets, cosy knits and tactile baskets, rugs and sheepies.
- Layers: Add layers of comfort and cosiness with extra blankets and throws on the backs or arms of chairs and sofas or the end of beds. Squishy cushions add colour and comfort too
- Conversation: Start a seasonal conversation with a room by swapping summer flowers and knick knacks for foraged bits and seasonal references. Coloured leaves, pine cones, branches, wreaths.
- Lighting: Make the most of the shorter days by creating pools of welcoming candle light and highlight darker corners with strings of copper wire starburst or fairy lights. Scented candles or diffusers with warm undertones add another layer for your senses to delight in, and freshen fusty, closed up rooms.